Visitor
RedneckHippie

Can't turn overscan off on brand new NS-32D20SNA14

Just bought this tv today, brought it home, hooked it up to my satellite box (Dish Network) using a coaxial cable. Nothing else is hooked up. 

Tried all the settings in the Aspect section of the menu, and via the Aspect button on the remote.  In all, the sides are cut off to some degree.  The closest I can get to seeing the full picture is "KLR" of "KLRU" (some settings none of the letters are there).  Overscan is set to "On" and greyed out so that I can't select it and change it.  My satellite box doesn't have a setting for changing the aspect ratio (not 16:9 or anything). 

I've done a search here and read through many threads on overscan.  I have yet to find an answer to my question, but have gained some experience from reading the responses in those threads from Insignia support ~ that there appears to not be a fix for this, that I could change the cut-off problem by holding down the zoom button on my remote (there isn't a zoom on my remote), and that the tv is supposedly working as designed.  If that's the case, I'm taking it back tomorrow and seriously rethinking my allegiance to BestBuy (been a shopper for years, but seems like lately everything I buy from there I have to take back for some reason or another and exchange at least once before I get something that works as one would expect). 

But I thought I'd give posting a shot just in case there are other threads I haven't found, or there is someone who happens to know what I can do.  

Visitor
RedneckHippie

Re: Can't turn overscan off on brand new NS-32D20SNA14

Never mind.  Speakers are ONLY mono.  No stereo setting.  No wonder it sounds like crap.  I'm taking it back.  NO way in HELL is this thing worth two hundred bucks.  I'll just put fifty more with it and get another Visio like the big one I have in the living room.  MUCH nicer tv for not a lot of money.  And no overscan problems on that one.

So much for my allegiance to Best Buy.  They're not what they used to be.